Hire Terms and Conditions
Please see below for our full list of studio hire
general terms and conditions.
1. A booking is confirmed upon of receipt of your email and your acceptance of the studio’s terms and conditions.
2. The studio day hire is weekdays from 8.30 am to 6.30 pm. (10 hours) Overtime will be charged before and after these times. (All bookings will be charged from arrival to departure and are subject to cancellation payments as listed on the Studio Rates page. Any ”bringing forward’ or overrun of the hire period will not be guaranteed as other bookings may have been accepted.)
3. We can accept a provisional or pencilled booking, but in order to be fair to all clients we MUST reserve the right to cancel a provisional booking if you are unable to confirm the booking within 1 hour of either an email or telephone call requesting confirmation.
4. If you cancel after a booking has been confirmed, within 48 hours of its start date, a cancellation fee of the basic hire rate will apply.
5. Big Shed does not supply set building materials or tools, Clients must make their own arrangements (contact numbers could be supplied).
6. The studio coves are supplied clean and white, but not freshly painted unless specifically requested. An additional charge for fresh painting, repairing and maintaining this condition is payable by the client. Special painting requirements should be notified at least 72 hrs before required and a price can be quoted for your requirement.
7. Any damage during the hire period accidental or otherwise is to be reported immediately, it is the responsibility of the client to repair or replace all damaged items, failing which the cost of repair or replacement will be added to the final invoice.
8. No toxic, flammable or dangerous materials or fluids must be brought into or used in the studio.
9. No Hazardous or dangerous activities permitted in the studio.
10. Big Shed will not be liable for the death of or injury to any person using a studio or for any losses, claims, demands, actions, proceedings, damages, costs or expenses or other liability incurred by the client in using a studio except where death or injury is caused by the negligence of Big Shed.
11. Big Shed will not under any circumstances accept responsibility or liability in respect of any damage to or loss of any goods, articles or property of any kind brought into or left at a studio (including loss or damage to vehicles or their contents in the car park) either by the client for their own purposes or by any other person.
12. The client will indemnify Big Shed against all such liabilities as are mentioned in condition 10.
13. Big Shed will not be liable for any loss due to any failure of supply of electricity or water or flood, fire, government restriction or act of God which may cause a studio to be temporarily closed or the hirer to be interrupted or cancelled.